Bangkok is a bustling city that stretches on for miles with over 9.5 million wonderful people filling it. We love this city and always seem to find some new part of it to explore. Tuk-Tuks are generally the fastest way to get around the city since they can easily weave between the traffic and get you where you want to go quickly, but we like them just because they are fun and make you feel like you are really in Bangkok.
It’s a city that while you are there you have a hard time getting a handle what you should do first. This city is incredible, with lots of places to visit, sights to see and countless delicious food stalls and restaurants to try. The street food is out of this world good, the malls are opulent and extravagant, the attractions and massive temples are worth visiting. This was our second time here, so we ate our way through the city instead of hitting the tourist attractions. In this blog post we will list our favorite things to do in Bangkok from both of our visits.
Things to do in Bangkok:
1. Wat Phra Kaew: this is a temple that has a huge 100 foot laying buddha that is covered in gold! This is on the grounds of the Grand Palace.
2. Sukhamvit Rd: this road runs through the center of Bangkok that has some of the biggest malls. There are plenty of food hawkers on the street to buy tasty food from too. There is also a skytrain that can take you down the road since it is pretty long, take it!
3. Khaosan Rd: this is backpacker’s heaven. A lot of the hostels and cheap accommodations are in this area. You can also buy things for very cheap here.
4. Grand Palace: opulent former king’s residence and museum. Really cool experience
5. Wat Arun: a temple of the river that runs through Bangkok. The spire is a big feature of Bangkok and is a must visit!
6. Boat Trip down Chao Phraya River: you can get an awesome view of the temples surrounding the river. When looking to hire a boat, make sure no one helps you to their “friend” because they are most likely ripping you off. Also, don’t be afraid to bargain. It shouldn’t be more than 500 Baht for 2 people on a private boat.
7. Terminal 21: a massive mall that is themed as an airport. Has everything you can think of including food and theatre.
8. Chinatown: this is a huge part of Bangkok. They have some of the most delicious food as well as cheap items for sale.
Where to stay in Bangkok:
This is a hip and modern hotel is a quiet part of Bangkok. It is about a 5-10 minute walk to the MRT that takes you right into the center. We found it very easy and convenient. The street also has some really delicious street food that we ate every day.
We love Bangkok and cant wait to visit again!
To learn more about the travelers, click here.